View Trustee Position
Join the Tithe Barn Trust as our Treasurer and help shape the future of the Tithe Barn in Landbeach, near Cambridge, for everyone to enjoy. You will have the chance to make a real difference to a friendly and supportive charity at a time of significant development.
You will be fulfilling a key role within our board of 8 Trustees. We have a draft 99 year lease for the Grade II listed Tithe Barn and we're in the early development stages of the project. The barn is in a state of disrepair and unless we act now we could lose this gem, which is unique to Cambridgeshire.
As Treasurer you will:
• Maintain an overview of the Tithe Barn Trust's financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained.
• Oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements.
• Ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external agencies such as funders and statutory bodies.
• Work with the other Tithe Barn Trustees to maintain our vision and values.
• Be an active champion of the organisation.
• Develop strategy, including income generation.
• Contribute to the development and execution of a full restoration plan.
• Have equal responsibility for decisions.
• Establish and monitor policies.
• Ensure compliance with our governing document.
• Ensure accountability.
• Ensure compliance with the law.
• Act in the Tithe Barn Trust’s best interests.
Apart from the first charity trustees, every trustee must be appointed for a term of three years.
You will have experience of financial control and budgeting to join our board of Trustees. You will have an eye for detail and lots of enthusiasm. You work well as part of a team and individually using your initiative. You will have good communication and strong organisational skills. Experience of fundraising is desirable, but not essential.
It’s an exciting time to get on-board and if you have a little time to give something back, get in touch. You can help us bring new life to this underused historic building and to open the barn to a wider audience and tell its story. You can help shape the Tithe Barn's future.