View Trustee Position
The Kinetic Foundation are looking to recruit a variety of skilled volunteers to become members on our current trustee board. The Kinetic Foundation (Registered Charity No: 1151315) was formed in 2012 and engages young people from Croydon and the surrounding boroughs who are at risk of, or suffering from, disengagement and deprivation. Using sport to attract and engage with the young people, we deliver a wide range of educational services and opportunities for them to learn new skills and improve their employability. Our Mission is to support and help young people (aged 11-18) through providing support and activities which develop their skills, capacity and capabilities to enable them to participate in and integrate into society as independent, mature and responsible individuals. Our Vision is to decrease rates of unemployment, and improve the educational aspirations and achievements of the young people who use our services.
First and foremost, we are looking for Trustees that are committed, have the enthusiasm and the ability to devote the necessary time to us and are passionate about supporting the young people that we work with. Specifically we are looking for Trustees who have knowledge, experience and can support the Foundation in one or more of the following areas;
· Ex-Deputy or Headteacher with Good/Outstanding at Ofsted
· Educational Reform
As a Board member you will advise, govern and drive the development of the organisation. You will oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion to support the organisation’s vision, mission and needs.
Key responsibilities of Trustees will include
·Attend regular Board meetings (normally approx. 4 in a 12 month period including and AGM);
·Organisational leadership and advisement ;
·Oversight and development of policies and procedures ;
·Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget ;
·Oversight of programme planning and evaluation ;
·Oversight of staff recruitment and development ;
·Review of organisational and programmatic reports ;
·Promotion of the organisation ;
· Oversight of Fundraising and partnership outreach ;
·Developing valuable partnerships in order for the charity to develop
·Attend AGM and special events or meetings ;
· Oversee reporting to the Charity Commission.
Expectations of board members:
· Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis and special events as able ;
·Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on sub- committees as necessary ;
· Bring knowledge, experience and contacts to ensure development of the charity ;
· High level diplomatic skills and influencing experience, including a well-established personal senior network ;
· Able to maintain confidentiality and confidential and/or sensitive information ;
· Able to communicate confidently, persuasively and inclusively ;
· Experience of and/or high level of interest in the youth/charity sector, and in public policy development for young people ;
· Experience of having been a non-profit Trustee before, including knowledge of governance issues and risk management for charities would be beneficial but not essential.
Updated: 14-12-2017 at 11:11:27