You're viewing an archived version of this project. Please visit the new Big Give site to find current fundraising campaigns.
Maypole House Respite Centre
To build a centre offering respite and day care services of the highest quality in a residential environment for people with disabilities in NW Essex and the surrounding area.
We have bought the land and have planning permission to build a 6 bed facility which will offer independent living training
June 2011 - April 2012
Charity information: RESCU-Maypole House
Respite care is the service most often requested by families but is in critically short supply.
The learning disabled population in this area and nationally is on the increase and respite care will be in even more demand.
We will be able to offer residential respite in an area that currently has no facilities.
We will also be offering independent living training.
To fund and build a residential centre.
Activities» Raise funds.
What success will look like
Success will be...completing the build and admitting our first clients.
There will be many families in Essex and the surrounding area who will benefit greatly from the break from caring that they will be given.
It will also enable the users of the centre to widen their experiences and develop a wider circle of friends as well as receive independent living training.
The risk is not being able to fund the building.
We do not intend to start building until we have secured at least 80% of the funds required. The remaining 20% could be financed.
We believe that with the advent of personal budgets awarded to individuals, this facility will be much sought after.
We are developing an extensive database which will be used by our publicity officer to keep donors informed.
Budget - Project Cost: £1,000,000Loading graph....
Amount Heading Description £80,000 Professional services Architects fees and surveys. £200,000 fixtures and fittings Furniture, bathrooms and lighting £720,000 Building Cost of building
Thaxted, Uttlesford, North West Essex
This is a very rural area and as such doesn't have many facilities for the disabled in the area.
Famiies caring for a disabled relative.
We formed in 1994 from a parent support group identifying immediately the need for respite.
We developed a number of respite care services such as playchemes, youth clubs and shared care. Rescu's name became synonymous with the provision of high quality services withing the health/social services field.
Read more about the Charity running this project.
Debbie is Chair of Trustees and the mother of a special needs child. She has been involved since 1996 and is determined to see this project through.
Vice Chair of Trustees (former Chair) mother of a special needs child. Jill is also a lawyer.