Project information

Crisis Service in a Crisis

Pathways has lost funding. We provide unique services and feedback shows improvements in: 78% Mental Health, 79% Parenting, 74% Safety, 84% Confidence, 97% very happy with service. We need £20,000 to allow the counselling & groupwork to continue. If we have helped you then please help us now.

April 2017 - March 2018

Charity information: Pathways Family Support Centre (BDVG)

Pathways Family Support Centre (BDVG) logo
  • Need

    Need

    Pathways has been the main provider of domestic abuse services since 1995. We have a range of client led services for men and women and worked with children with Helping Hands in primary schools. We desperately want to be able to continue to offer counselling & groupwork, such as the Women’s Freedom Programme, You & Me Mum and Adult and Teen Self Esteem. Waiting lists for NHS counselling in Barnsley is around 2 years – we believe if you need help, then you need it in weeks not years.

    Solution

    This would allow Pathways to continue to provide tried & tested therapeutic interventions, whilst searching for further grant funding. There is no one size fits all or quick fix for someone who has experienced abuse. In the words of a client "Pathways has helped me so much. I felt useless and now believe I can do things. They helped me througha really difficult time and when you're a Mum, your mental health is vital"

  • Aims

    Aim 1

    To provide emotional support to anyone who is currently or has previously experienced domestic abuse

    Activities

    » Counselling Services
    » Groupwork Programmes such as You & Me Mum, Adult & Teen Self Esteem, Women's Freedom Programme, Helping Hands for Primary School Children
    » Get it Right programme - to assist men who have used abusive behaviours to form and maintain equal & healthy relationships

    Evaluations reporting improvements in depression and anxiety.


  • Impact

    Impact

    When men and women who have suffered abuse can reconcile their past and move into their futures with confidence

    Risk

    Domestic abuse is not a popular cause. It is easy to think it could never happen to you or that if it did, you would leave immediately, but life isn't like that. How do you reconcile being hurt by the person you are in love with? You look for reasons - they were stressed at work, or had too much to drink. Domestic abuse is like a tidal wave, you are playing happily on the beach one moment, and in the next you are engulfed and swept away.

    Reporting

    We will publish statistics on our website and would look towards publishing a newsletter to inform donors of the difference their contribution has made.

  • Budget

    Budget - Project Cost: £20,000

    Loading graph....
      Amount Heading Description
      £10,000 CounsellorClinical Supervision Annual
      £5,000 Volunteer Expenses 6 months
      £5,000 Groupwork costs 6-9 months
  • Background

    Location

    Pathways operates in Barnsley South Yorkshire. Barnsley is ranked the
    39th most deprived area in England out of 326 local authorities (where 1 is the most deprived), using the IMD 2015 rank of average score measure; a decline from IMD 2010 when it was the 47th most deprived area.

    Overall, 21.8% of areas in Barnsley are amongst the 10% most deprived in England, an increase from 17.7%
    in IMD 2010.

    Beneficiaries

    Any adult, male or female, may access services. Children in Need/at risk are identified by schools and/or socialcare for the Helping Hands programme available in primary schools.

  • Why Us?

    Why Us?

    Pathways has provided frontline domestic abuse services since 1995. In that time, in consultation with clients, we have developed a range of effective interventions. We appreciate no two clients are alike and there is no 'one size fits all' solution.

    Read more about the Charity running this project.

    People

    Volunteers

    Pathways has voluntary counsellors, 60% are fully qualified and the remaining 40% are students on the Advanced Diploma Course at college/university

£10

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. Helen Keller

Thank you for helping me understand I am not the one to blame! Never been to counselling before but so glad I did - its the best thing I've done all year.

I have referred several women and they have all benefited greatly. Without you a lot of women out there unable to access the help they need