We plan to take 150 disadvantaged, low income young people on a healthy break giving the perfect opportunity to get away, unwind, improve health & concentrate on their fitness and well-being & to spend some quality time by broadening their horizons & to see what the world around them has to offer.
December 2016 - May 2017
Up 'N Away
The boys we are targeting are at risk of anti social or even criminal activities in the 2 weeks of the winter holidays as they have seldom experienced success in the classroom and who come from families where their parents cannot afford to pay for their weekly rent and basic food bills and would keep their kids at home due to lack of funds.
Added to that, their school curriculum is very academically focused and they don't have the financial resources for extra curricular activities.
We are planing a weekend in skeet for 150 disadvantaged boys, they will excel in non-academic activities, let off steam and make new friends from past programs we know there is a desperate need for this service.
To keep away disadvantaged young people from criminal activities in the 2 weeks winter holidays.
Activities» A weekend away
We will distribute questionnaires to users and youth workers with relevant questions. The questionnaires will be evaluated, and results tabulated to show effectiveness of project
1) The young people will have improved relationships with their carers, friends and siblings
2) They will have improved gross and fine motor skills
3) They will have improved social skills and lots of new friends
4) They will be healthier and more fit and more aware of the importance of a healthy lifestyle
5) They will have increased self-esteem and better emotional health
1) Not enough Young People - previously had a waiting list
2) Too many children- keep a waiting list
3) Not enough staff- already recruiting and a high interest
4) Not enough money- extensive fundraising programme
5) No premises- premises already identified
6) That the children are safe- safe recruitment and DBS checks
7) Accidents to the children- trained first aiders, mobile phones, Health & Safety policy
We will send donors a report of the project, a photo collage of the activities at the end by post/email.
Budget - Project Cost: £24,830Loading graph....
Amount Heading Description £2,250 Project Coordinator & admin 60hrs x £15 x 3 staff = £1000 £4,500 Premises costs Rent, cleaning & utilities £4,080 Healthy activities & programs Healthy living courses, swimming, high rope course, canoeing & keep fit £6,000 Healthy meals & refreshments 4 days x 150 boys x £10 £4,500 Coach Hire 3 coaches x £500 x 3 days £3,500 Publicity & stationery advertising & post, phone and stationery
We will take them to the countryside near the sea.
150 disadvantaged boys who are at risk of falling into NEET.
We work throughout the year with boys in need, have professional and experienced staff who have knowledge and understanding of what is lacking in the young people with either knowledge or insentive to live a healthy life.
Read more about the Charity running this project.
Well known nutritionist in the community, who has a great understanding of the young people we are targeting.