A Garden and smallholding for EEF students
The area around our student hostel is getting more and more built up. In order to facilitate outside space and to teach our students about small animals and growing vegetables we would like to purchase a smallholding and build facilities for a small number of animals
January 2017 - April 2017
Ethiopian Education Foundation
lack of space in an urban environment as well as lack of exposure to self sufficiency.
allow our students to actively participate in egg production as well as growing vegetables
own a garden plot
Activities» buy land and cultivate it
though raising animals (chicken and sheep) and growing vegetables
a better approach to food creation and self sufficiency for our students
rising cost of land. we have negotiated and locked in the price of the plot we envisage to buy. our option will be available until 31 January 2017.
we report quarterly by email
Budget - Project Cost: £38,000Loading graph....
Amount Heading Description £31,000 land land price (incl legal fees) £4,000 materials FOR A SHED AND CHICKEN ENCLUSURE £3,000 animals and crops
our eef scholarship students
TRACK RECORD: After being in operation for just over 10 years:
• Students on EEF High School Programme - 56
• EEF High School graduates at Uni supported by EEF – 86
• EEF Uni graduates – 53
• EEF High School Graduates entering University – 100%
• Students on full NYU Scholarships – 5 (3 graduated)
• students on Uni Helsinki Scholarships – 2
• % of EEF uni students studying medicine 24
• The first fully qualified medical doctors graduated in 14 / 15 (five more to graduate in 2016
Read more about the Charity running this project.
Boys Hostel Manager