The Charity will help Children and Young people from deprived area learn Mathematics, English and Science, giving them a chance to do better at School, confidence in the chosen subjects, which in turn helps the Children and Young people integrate better in the Society and in their Schools.
September 2012 - July 2013
Charity information: Blessed Generation
* This project will increase the Students confidence in written and spoken English, numeracy and Science.
* Increase in spoken in English encourages better communication and engagement of the Students in the Schools and wider Society.
* Better understanding of Mathematics and Science increases the zeal in the participating Children to enjoy education and staying in Schools, reducing truancy in Schools.
* By having a maximum class number of only 15, giving the Teachers chance to attend to the Students on one-on-one basis. This improves the Students understanding of the subjects taught.
* By holding the classes in an educational institution, with up to date information technology equipments.
* Ensuring the Children understand the subjects by giving them works after each lesson and mock examinations quarterly.
Providing support and activities which develop the Students educational ability,
Activities» Teaching the Students English, Mathematics and Science following their Key stage curricular.
Success will be...increase in Students education results in their Schools and progress report from the quarterly mock examinations.
The provision of recreational and leisure time activities provided in the interest of social welfare
Activities» Organised excursions, with help from Local council to places like Football matches, Palace of Westminster, British Music Experience at O2.
Success will be...seeing the joy in the eyes of the Students and their excitement after each excursion. Confidence in a student that was timid at the start of the project
* Confidence in the Students
* Reduction in truancy
* Increase in Students integration in the Society and their Schools.
* Increase in Students dedication to work that helps attain future accomplishments.
There is a risk that some of the Students may pull out before end of the project. We have dealt with this by working closely with the Parents and the children to understand why they sometimes do not enjoy the subjects, understanding their reasoning helps the Teacher work better with the Student.
We will report to the donors through our Teachers' quarterly report on each Student, givings the donors chance to see the improvements and progress of each Students and the project in general.
Budget - Project Cost: £4,410Loading graph....
Amount Heading Description £1,890 Teachers Wages Holding three evening a week, for two hours per evening, for twenty one weeks. £2,520 Classroom Hire Classroom hire at £20.00 per hour, for 2 hours per evening, for 3 evening a week, for 21 weeks.
Royal Greenwich covers an area of more than 5,000 hectares and has a population of approximately 245,586.One fifth (22 per cent) of Royal Greenwich's population is aged under 15.
Children aged 8 to 16 will benefit from our project.33 per cent of the Royal Greenwich's population is from black and ethnic minority communities (Source: GLA 2010 ethnic group population projections).About 72 per cent of the Royal Borough's population was born in the UK. Around 197 languages are spoken in the Royal Borough (Source: May 2011 school census).About 14 per cent of working age population lacks any qualifications(Source: annual population survey, August 2009).
We have successfully run this program for the last 3 three years and have have good links with other supplementary schools and other organisations in the Local Council.
Read more about the Charity running this project.
Wojciech is a qualified Mathematics Teacher, with 8 years teaching experience. He just took Cambridge ESOL teaching examinations.
Anita is a qualified English Teacher, with 3 years teaching experience.
Francis is a qualified Science Teacher, with 15 years teaching experience.