Boosting values & the feel-good factor in schools
* To enable young people in 300 schools to be happy & succeed.
* Every £100 donated can help boost the wellbeing & achievements of over 200 children in a school in an area of England of your choosing.
* A school can claim a FREE copy of our holistic, transformative values-themed programme
April 2017 - March 2018
Charity information: Human Values Foundation
Billions of pounds are spent annually trying to address the underachievement, poor health, disengagement from schooling and other activities damaging the life chances of countless young people.
With so much emphasis on academic results, many children are missing out on the core building materials for human wellbeing, happiness and success, such as purpose, positive emotions, engagement, trust, health and quality relationships, which are critical to their health and accomplishments.
* Our values-themed programmes empower children aged 4 to 14+ enabling them to explore in safe classroom environments, many important topics.
* Participants begin to understand how to choose & use values to impact positively their choices, actions, relationships, day-to-day lives & prospects.
* Many dedicated teachers leave the profession due to children's bad behaviour but global evidence shows that good, systematic values education boosts morale & improves behaviour & educational outcomes.
To save teachers' time - the programmes are complete, high quality lesson plans.
Activities» Offer schools in your chosen locality the chance to claim a sponsored copy of a proven, transformative, non-denominational values-themed programme.
Success will be apparent from improvements in staff wellbeing, retention & the quality & effectiveness of their teaching that engages pupils so they are happier & achieve more.
To give young people meaningful reference points for how they think, make choices and behave.
Activities» Supply values-themed programmes for ages 4 to 14+ shown to help foster & improve wellbeing, emotional stability, social competencies & life skills
Success will be evident from new character strengths & improvements in youngsters' wellbeing, self-esteem, competencies, achievements, engagement in society and future prospects.
To enrich youngsters' relationships and strengthen community cohesion.
Activities» Enable teachers, parents & carers to collaborate, promoting values, skills & knowledge that enhance children's welfare, emotional & social skills.
Success will be noticeable with better teacher-pupil, pupil-parent & teacher-parent relationships & youngsters keen to use their talents & energy to make positive differences.
To help reduce the enormous financial and social costs of youth failure and underachievement.
Activities» Give schools proven, transformative values-themed programmes that inspire positive mindsets & enable participants to maximise their potential.
Success will be indicated by more engaged, motivated young citizens who have a sense of purpose & feel empowered to choose & act so as to maximise their potential & life chances.
* Ofsted inspections will show consistently better quality teaching, learning & outcomes.
* Greater awareness of the importance of developing good, strong character traits from an early age.
* Improvements in role modelling by all school staff & parents/carers.
* Better life chances & employment prospects of the young people.
* Participants will have gained mindsets, qualities & competencies enabling them to contribute to society, with good parenting skills if needed.
The Year 7 dip in attainment shows that sometimes the excellent progress made during primary school years falls away when children transfer to their secondary school.
Children can enjoy the benefit of sustained values education with our 'EDUCATION in HUMAN VALUES' programme for ages 4 to 11 followed by our 'SOCIAL and EMOTIONAL EDUCATION' programme for ages 12 to 14+.
Keep in touch with the schools that accept sponsored copies of the programmes and pass on to the donors, the feedback about the impacts on the children, their schools and local communities.
Budget - Project Cost: £36,000Loading graph....
Amount Heading Description £30,000 Stock items 300 copies of EHV &/or SEE £3,000 Postage/packing Posting books to 300 schools £3,000 Overheads Marketing, admin & customer service
Current Funding / Pledges
Source Amount The Allen Trust £400 Guaranteed Anonymous £200 Guaranteed
Donors can sponsor the values education resource packs for schools anywhere but we are particularly keen to help underperforming schools in deprived areas in England.
Over many years, all the following associated with the 300 schools claiming a sponsored copy of our values education programme:
* Children and young people (at least 75,000 during a year)
* All other adults within a school's community
* Parents and carers
* Local communities
* The taxpayer
We have been successfully providing comprehensive values education resources for schools all over the world since 1995. The proven programmes were written by an experienced teacher for teachers and we are the principal supplier of such sustainable programmes in the UK.
Read more about the Charity running this project.
Chief Executive with extensive commercial and project management experience and responsible for the charity's day-to-day operations.
£100 will enable a school to have a copy of our values-themed programme.