Fulfilling Potential Appeal
Please help us to support
• a major extension and redevelopment of our Hydrotherapy Centre
• a new flexible Vista Room with panoramic views of Exmoor for all-year round activities
• a larger equipment store and instructors’ hub
January 2012 - December 2013
Calvert Trust Exmoor
Without investment in our facilities we will not be able to provide the special 'Calvert Experience' which helps our disabled visitors to thrive. Eg our Hydroptherapy Centre desperately needs improved changing rooms - at present these comprise two small open plan rooms (male and female) with a single shower in each. Each has a changing table which, when in use, takes up almost all the space available. Consequently, severely disabled visitors have to be changed in full view of others.
1. New changing rooms will have eight unisex changing cubicles, two large multi-person changing rooms, equipped with a bed change facility and ceiling track for helping visitors who need to lie down when changed, five showers, two disabled WCs, lockers and hair dryers
2. A new 'Vista Room' will be created with views over Exmoor so that visitors can enjoy the countryside even when they are indoors
3. Increased space and facilities for our specialist instructors and the equipment needed.
Improved Facilities for over 3500 visitors each year.
Activities» A building project to expand the space available and provide additional facilities as described above.
Success will be...when feedback from visitors is entirely positive our facilities
In the long term more people with disabilities will have a higher quality experience Calvert Exmoor.
The risks relating the general risks of running a building project - keeping to budget etc. We have appointed a project team with expertise in managing building projects who review all plans and will keep a close eye on the building contractors. A contingency is included in the costs.
We will send updates to donors regularly.
Budget - Project Cost: £888,000Loading graph....
Amount Heading Description £349,000 Building Costs Hydrotherapy Centre inc Fit Out £102,000 Building Costs Instructors' Hub inc Fit Out £437,000 Building Costs Vista Room
Current Funding / Pledges
Source Amount Charitable Trusts £408,000 Guaranteed Events £5,000 Guaranteed Individuals £15,000 Guaranteed Calvert Exmoor £70,000 Guaranteed
Our project is based on the edge of Exmoor in North Devon’s rolling hills
40,000 residential and 3,000 day visitors will benefit from this project
over the next ten years
Last year, among our disabled visitors, 46% came to us as part of group e.g. a disability charity such as The Not Forgottens (injured armed forces) or Scope, 25% school groups, 11% families, and 13% as assisted individuals. 26% reported to be physically disabled, 31% learning disabled, 12% autistic and the remainder reported a range of other specific difficulties and disabilities.
We have 14 years’ experience of delivering challenging outdoor activities for disabled people, which enables them to test their boundaries and go beyond them. Our well qualified and uniquely experienced team of instructors specialise in working with people who have sensory, physical and learning disabilities.
Read more about the Charity running this project.
We have never felt so accepted as a family – we didn’t have to explain Emily’s behaviour to anyone. What an amazing experience. Thank you so much.”