We've moved!

This donation page is on the old Big Give website. Please go to theBigGive.org.uk to find current campaigns and opportunities to double your donation.

If you have any queries on the changes, please email us at info@thebiggive.org.uk.

Project information

Clean water for schools

Many schools in Northeast Thailand have inadequate treatment facilities for rainwater, ground water and lake water, which can be very unclean or contaminated. We aim to contribute 75% of the cost of around £2,000, and expect the school to raise the remaining 25%.

May 2012 - May 2013

Charity information: Anglo-Thai Foundation

Anglo-Thai Foundation logo
  • Need


    Government funding for schools in Northeast Thailand is often insufficient for them to afford satisfactory water treatment facilities.


    We contribute 75% of the £2,000 cost of a modern treatment installation, and expect the school to raise the remaining 25%.

  • Aims

    Aim 1

    To provide safe drinking and washing water for primary and secondary schoolchildren.


    » By providing 75% of the cost of a modern water treatment plant.

    What success will look like

    Success will be completion of the installation of the plant. The resulting health benefits will be evident over time.

  • Impact


    Children will enjoy better health in their adult life. Annual inspections by the Foundation check that the facilities are being used properly.


    Trustworthy installers are needed. We rely on the judgement of our Hon. Director in Thailand.


    We will write when the grant is given, when it is completed, and an annual newsletter on the Foundation's work will be sent.

  • Budget

    Budget - Project Cost: £1,500

    Loading graph....
      Amount Heading Description
      £1,500 Cost of plant Administration is by unpaid volunteers
  • Background


    We operate in 4 of the 19 provinces of Northeast Thailand.


    The schoolchildren, who will have a much healthier future.

  • Why Us?

    Why Us?

    Government grants to schools are often insufficient to cover this necessity.

    Read more about the Charity running this project.


    Ajahn Surapong Wechapan

    Hon. Director for Thailand. Together with trustees he inspects schools annually to establish need. He rigorously vets budgets.

Clean water for Isaan schools