To advance the education of the general public, in particular young people including those with learning disabilities, through the advancement and promotion of the arts.
“Building inspirational arts involvement into all our everyday lives”
We do this through seven broad aims:
- Provide programmes of excellent participatory art that are high quality, accessible, appropriate and environmentally aware to targeted groups or individuals and the general public.
- Provide quality multi-sensory arts activities for people with additional needs in a supportive creative environment.
- Manage the Watershed, an artist led sustainable work base for participatory arts.
- Sustain the model of collaborative arts practice and act as advocates for rolling the model out to other regions.
- Offer training and support in the delivery of inspiring, creative and participatory arts.
- Create opportunities in the creative sector through freelance contracts, training, placements and voluntary work.
- Enhance the profile of our creative projects, collaborations and networks through the umbrella of Watershed Arts Practice.
In 2007 a unique partnershio was born out of collaboration between three highly experienced participatory arts organisations: Satellite Arts, Shabang! Theatre Adventures and Impossible Theatre. Originally coming together to realise the purchase and renovation of a disused building, now known as the Watershed, and to initiate it’s governance. Uniquely it now supports the distinct artistic visions and varied programme focussing on:
- Access & Participation
- Mutual Co-operation
The Watershed aims to:
- Promoting artistic activities including art exhibitions, performances of music and drama, drama therapy, multi-media artwork and environmental art practices
- Establishing a community arts resource centre and maintaining & managing the same, whether alone or in co-operation with a local authority or other voluntary organisation in furtherance of these aims
- Enhancing the education of the public in sustainability issues through: a. artistic programmes promoting awareness, b. imaginative use of recycled waste products, c. minimise the energy and resources
Established: May 2002
Registered Charity Number: 1094768
Board members: 5
Full time staff: 6
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 01484 848070
Address: 22 Bridge St Salithwaite Huddersfield HD7 5JNView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website