Young Roots works with young refugees and asylum seekers aged 11-25 to support them to realise their potential.
We run youth groups, english language peer support projects, sports activities and trips. We also work one-to-one with young people through our Casework Service supporting them to find accommodation, to access health and education services and to find immigration advice.
Our mission is to improve the well-being and life chances of young refugees and asylum seekers in the UK and overseas.
Our vision is of a world in which all young refugees and asylum seekers can realise their rights and fulfil their potential.
Our ambition is to be respected and known for our innovative and participatory approach to young refugees and asylum seekers self-advocacy and learning.
Young Roots aims to:
- To improve the communication skills of young refugees and asylum seekers.
- To reduce the social isolation of young refugees and asylum seekers.
- To improve access to rights and entitlements of young refugees and asylum seekers.
- To increase the learning opportunities of young refugees and asylum seekers.
- To increase the training, work and volunteering opportunities of young refugees and asylum seekers.
Established: April 2005
Registered Charity Number: 1139685
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 10
Phone number: 020 8684 9140
Address: Cornerstone House, 14 Willis Road, Croydon CR0 2XXView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website