Action West London
Action West London
Action West London is an entrepreneurial West London charity, Limited Liability Company and social enterprise.
Action West London's MISSION is 'Changing lives through Employment, Education and Enterprise'.
We do this by Empowering people and helping them access Opportunities.
OUR VALUES: Professionalism; Respect; Integrity; Diversity; Empowerment (PRIDE)
Our key objectives are to:
1. Help disadvantaged, unemployed young people and adults access opportunities to secure work experience, apprenticeships and employment to improve their lives.
2. To help disadvantaged young people and adults access opportunities for Education and training to improve their lives literacy, numeracy and basic skills.
3. To help people set up in self -employment, enterprise and business to improve their lives
4. To develop our own social enterprises and social businesses (such as our Acton street market and Action Talent Recruitment services) to help Action West London earn its own income and become a financially sustainable charity.
Action West London works in dynamic partnerships with private, public and voluntary sector organisations.
We help over 800 people each year through a wide range of innovative youth and adult projects including employment schemes, education and training, digital literacy, street market trading , youth projects for NEETs and young people in trouble, care leavers, projects for refugees , lone parents, people with mental health difficulties and people living in poverty.
Action West London aims to:
- To help disadvantaged, unemployed young people and adults access opportunities to secure work experience, apprenticeships and employment to improve their lives .
- To help disadvantaged young people and adults access opportunities for Education and training to improve their lives .
- To help people set up in self -employment, enterprise and business to improve their lives.
- To develop a social enterprise Recruitment Agency helping companies recruit Local staff , helping develop social mobility and assisting Employers to increase the diversity of their workforce .
- To undertake a range of community development initiatives in partnership with other charities, social enterprises and organisations from the public and private sector.
Established: October 1998
Registered Charity Number: 1101111
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 17
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 0208 993 9605
Address: 16-18 Crown StreetActonLondon W3 8SBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
ACTION TALENT recruitment servicesAction Talent recruitment services- an innovative social enterprise- helping companies in... More