Elemental Wellbeing provides assistance internationally through education, counselling, therapy and practical assistance to poverty vulnerable children and those experiencing trauma
The charity seeks to provide assistance for people experiencing emotional distress in theUK and also internationally through service provision, education, counselling and therapy. Our work has taken us as far afield as Africa, America, Australia, Kenya, Malaysia, The Gambia & Senegal working with orphans and those in poverty. We provide equipment / educational materials
Our aim is to create safe, nurturing environments of psychological and physical safety for those people who become mentally distressed by traumatic life experiences experiences which lead them to psychosis, severe depression, mania, suicide ideation or attempts to commit suicide. We offer individualised packages of care and support which are holistic, and look at the underlying problems from which distress is arising, working intensively with the individual and their supporters to find strategies for recovery, further education and employment.
Our key objectives are as follows:
• Offering intensive support for those diagnosed with psychosis / psychosis related illnesses, mental distress and breakdown.
• Helping people explore and contextualise their mental distress whilst actively supporting them through the journey of recovery
• Promoting a wide range of mental health and wellness strategies for long term mental and physical soundness
• Helping to develop existing coping strategies and offering opportunities to learn new skills for coping through person centred planning, workbooks and interview schedules
Elemental Wellbeing aims to:
- To improve the health, mental wellbeing and quality of life for people who have been affected by traumatic life experiences, poverty, illness or isolation, particularly in developing countries
Established: June 2011
Registered Charity Number: 1142634
Board members: 5
Phone number: 0793 4675237
Address: 40, Beanfield Avenue Green Lane Coventry West Midlands CV3 6NUView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
THRIVE Gambia Wellbeing CentreElemental Wellbeing is working in partnership with a range of stakeholders both in the UK ... More