Cornwall Blood Bikes
Cornwall Blood Bikes
We are a team of volunteer members who provide a free ‘out of hours’ service to our NHS partners delivering essential Blood, samples & Equipment to hospitals and hospices throughout Cornwall.
We are a group of self-funding volunteers operating as a registered charity to provide a free ‘out of hours’ delivery service to our NHS partners throughout Cornwall and beyond by arrangement. Although we are all volunteers, we operate to professional standards and comply with current legislation relating to our activities, which includes MHRA / NICE guidelines, UN3373 compliance and GMP training. We are members of the Nationwide Association of Blood Bikes (NABB) whose membership of blood bike groups is countrywide and encompasses hundreds of motorcyclists who freely volunteer their time to the service.
The objects of the charity are:
1. Provide an 'out of hours' service to transport items of a medical nature to locations throughout Cornwall.
2. Encourage safe riding both inside and outside the Charity.
3. Promote positive images of motorcycling to the public.
We provide a significant financial saving to our NHS partners in contractor courier fees and private taxi fares. Using mainly motorcycles we are able to offer a fast, efficient and dedicated service which is exclusive to our NHS partners. We estimate that in 2014 alone we have saved the NHS in excess of £150,000.
Our volunteers freely give up their time to serve the community and do this in the knowledge that they will almost certainly never meet the patients that they are helping and who will probably never know of the existence of the Cornwall Blood Bike service or that it played any part in their recovery.
Cornwall Blood Bikes aims to:
- To provide an ‘out of hours’ delivery service to transport items of a medical nature to locations throughout Cornwall.
- To encourage safe riding practices both within and without the Charity.
- To promote a positive image of motorcycling to the general public.
- To raise £60,000 to ensure the charity to continue to operate and to enable us to purchase 2 new liveried Motorcycles.
Established: January 2011
Registered Charity Number: 1140165
Board members: 5
Phone number: 0300 365 0911
Address: C/o Tremadart Country House Bed and Breakfast, Tremadart Lane, Duloe, Cornwall PL14 4PEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website