The Maia Project
The Maia Project
A charity with just one aim: to improve access to creativity, arts and community development activities in the rural heart of North Cornwall where, currently, little provision exists.
North Cornwall is a deprived rural area with very limited facilities for arts or creative community events. It has high levels of unemployment, and few out-of-school activities.
Maia Project Objectives:
1. To develop high quality workshop and performance and creativity spaces in North Cornwall
2. Run training courses for local community groups in skills that can feed into their work and lives.
3. Run workforce development courses for businesses and encourage work/life balance.
4. Assist in the provision of purpose-built performance spaces that can be used by local and visiting companies.
5. Assist in the provision of conference and seminar facilities for organisations and local groups.
6. Assist in the provision of exhibition and shop spaces where tourists can pause, and local artists can display and sell their wares.
7. Assist in the provision of work for local performers, administrators and others.
1. There is no suitable performance space in North Cornwall for theatre, dance or music.
2. There are few facilities for meetings, seminars or conferences in the centre of North Cornwall.
3. There is little local provision for arts activities for young people out of school hours
The Maia Project aims to:
- The promotion of the Arts for the benefit of the public in North Cornwall and surrounding areas
- The advancement of the education of the public in the Arts and Creativity by the provision of: (a) courses, lectures, workshops, performances (b) facilities for community participation the Arts
Established: January 2006
Registered Charity Number: 1112777
Board members: 7
Phone number: 01840 770817
Address: Penhale Trewarmett Tintagel PL34 0ETView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website