An inclusive and integrated group using the arts to enable children to build up self confidence and self esteem by participating in public performances including drum and dance
Amberliegh is a creative arts, drum and dance music group for children and young people of varying cultures and abilities/disabilities. Amberliegh concentrates on the relief of those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage. Children participate in public performances of drum and dance and other musical activities at regular weekly classes. Children and young people work to build up self confidence through practice and performances, and help able bodied children understand special needs children.
Amberliegh is unique in two ways: it is a music group with planned performances which is affordable, free at the point of use and it is an inclusive group providing sessions for children with additional needs and for able-bodied children.
Amberliegh aims to:
- use the arts to enable children to build up self confidence and self esteem by participating in public performances including drum and dance
- To enable children and young people to work in partnership and without discrimination, to enjoy creative activity, to build up self confidence through practice and performances
- To celebrate differences, to respect one another, to socialise appropriately, to build and sustain relationships, and to help able bodied children understand special needs children
- Teach the children to socialize appropriately Respond appropriately to boundaries and constructive guidance Understand how their actions impact on others Work together as a team and respect each other
- Understanding other members that have visual impairment, speech impediment Sort out conflict without resorting to physical abuse Encourage children to stay in education and appreciate school
Established: September 2007
Registered Charity Number: 801754
Board members: 6
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 07929651827
Address: The Chestnuts Community Centre The Chestnuts Estate Highbury Grange Islington, London N5 2QEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website