Friends Of Angel's Orphanage
Friends Of Angel's Orphanage
'The Friends' of Angel’s Orphanage have provided and cared for 21 orphaned, abandoned and ‘given-up’ children (given-up usually by their widowed mothers because they have no means to provide for them) since May 2009. Since that time we have worked incredibly hard and achieved a great deal with help from Monthly Supporters and Fun-draisers.
We are a small organisation run entirely by volunteers who pay their own way.
We are proud to say that EVERY PENNY GIVEN GOES ON THE CHILDREN.
What makes this ‘orphanage’ unique is that they believe themselves to be ‘one big family’ and so it is not and orphanage but A HOME.
Our ‘mission’ is to keep this family of 21 children together, living and growing as a ‘family’ and to protect them from any further traumas, until they have reached adulthood and can look after each other.
We seek to help these children to overcome the disadvantages they have already suffered from, and to give them access to the best opportunities available to them, whilst keeping them in touch with their heritage and roots.
We do this by supporting them in every way possible – not just financial.
We work hand-in-hand with members of the local Kathmandu community, helping Nepalese people to support each other – examples of this are that our finances are handled by the Rotary Club of the Himalayan Ghurkas; our advisors and mentors are local business and professional men, our ‘network’ includes students and doctors. We do this do ensure the safety, security and welfare of ‘our family’.
Working ‘across the world’ is not easy, but we believe that by all working together we create a better ‘group’ where ever we are, drawing from each other’s experiences, strengths and knowledge, local or global, showing our children that this is the best model. We know that alone we cannot do it, but together we CAN.
be an Angel - become a Friend
Friends Of Angel's Orphanage aims to:
- for the relief of sickness and the preservation of health among the children and carers
- to advance the education of the children by providing and assisting in the provision of finance and facilities for education both at school and in the wider community
- to provide good housing and facilities for 'the family' to live comfortably and safely in
- to provide food and sustenance for the children each and every day
- To assist and support their carers and enable them to build their knowledge and skills, their confidence and self-esteem whilst working with the children and by sharing new experiences.
Established: May 2009
Registered Charity Number: 1139321
Board members: 4
Phone number: 01793 764979
Address: 28 The Willows Highworth Wiltshire SN6 7PGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
HELP THE POOR FLOOD VICTIMS OF NEPAL NOWURGENT April 2015 - EARTHQUAKE August 2017 - extensive FLOODS and massive LANDSLIDES ... More