SATRO is an educational charity established in 1984. Our activities are largely based in Surrey and our vision is to inspire and enthuse young people about the world of work.
SATRO is an educational charity established in 1984. Our activities are largely based in Surrey and the South East of England and our vision is to inspire and enthuse young people about the world of work. SATRO programmes reach more than 15,000 young people every year. We do this through practical hands-on programmes that engage young people of all abilities from primary school to their final years in education.
We are extremely proud that in 2010-2011 our successes included;
• engaging over 5,000 Primary and 10,000 Secondary school pupils – working in every school in Surrey;
• extending our reach to young people outside the realms of traditional education such as Gypsy, Romany and Traveller children and those with Special Education Needs;
• running the SATRO Festival of Science and Engineering at Brooklands Museum for the 15th year running – attracting over 500 students every year;
• delivering our programmes with the support of over 700 volunteers and a network of 575 employers and institutions;
• In April 2011 gaining accreditation from the Institute of Education Business Excellence.
We have an inclusive approach and grant funding enables us to work with under resourced schools, which in turn helps us reach disengaged and often disadvantaged young people.
SATRO aims to:
- To encourage the support of volunteers, employers and institutions from our surrounding community who share our enthusiasm.
- To bring together schools, colleges and the business community to provide skills development opportunities for young people
- To inspire and enthuse young people about the world of work
- To provide practical hands-on programmes that engage young people of all abilities - from the aspirational to the disengaged.
Established: August 1984
Registered Charity Number: 1040572
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 9
Part time staff: 9
Phone number: 01483 688070
Address: 1 Tannery House, Tannery Lane Send, Woking Surrey GU23 7EFView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website