The Leaside Trust
The Leaside Trust
Leaside is a small, local charity based in Hackney, London. We provide fun, outdoor education activities to children who live in the Top 1% of deprived housing in the UK.
Leaside's mission is to provide outdoor education activities for inner-City children.
Based on the banks of the River Lea in Upper Clapton, Hackney, Leaside delivers inspiring and engaging outdoor education activities to disadvantaged, local young people aged 8 to 25.
Our charity’s main aims are:
- To contribute to the physical education of inner city young people, especially the economically and socially deprived.
- To provide a framework for young people’s personal and social development.
We provide a variety of outdoor activities within an educational framework, including canoeing, mountain biking and orienteering, catering to all physical abilities. Our services include activities for schools and youth groups. 50% of the schools and groups that use us are for children with special needs, including physical and learning disabilities and behavioural issues.
Outside of school time (during evenings, weekends and school holidays) we deliver Recreation and Training activities for local young people, including free, accredited courses in outdoor activities. As well as promoting the positive benefits of exercise and providing purposeful development for young people, our programme helps inner-City children to gain qualifications in outdoor pursuits and transferable life skills which they can apply to their education.
We also take young people from Hackney on activity trips all over the UK, for many this is their first time out of London.
The Leaside Trust aims to:
- To contribute to the physical education of inner city youth, especially the economically and socially deprived
- To provide the framework for young people’s personal and social development
- To offer opportunities for outdoor and indoor pursuits to the whole local community
- To provide a sports development continuum catering to all abilities
Established: October 1993
Registered Charity Number: 1027645
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 0208 806 6887
Address: Spring Lane London E5 9HQView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Outdoor Education Activities for Inner-City KidsDelivering outdoor education activities to children who live in the Top 1% of deprived hou... More