Trinity Care Service
Trinity Care Service
Day Care Centre and outreach service for the over 60's. Our main aim is to support people living in their own homes to maintain their independance, and to safeguard against possible hospital admission
We are a day centre and outreach service for the elderly (over 60's). We provide a mini-bus service to and from their own homes. A three course meal, a laundry facility, shopping service, and run various activities throughout the week such as: Educational talks,Arts and Crafts, Bingo,Musical entertainment,Armchair exercises,Skittles, Quizzes and Sing-a-longs. Our service is vital to the clients as for some, it is their only form of social contact and many find it extremely difficult to go out on their own due to disabilities. Our service helps social contact, interaction with others and opportunities to make new friends (preventing isolation). Trinity Care Service has a dedicated team of staff and also encourages volunteers. Our service helps between 10 to 60 people daily - Tuesday to Friday. The way in which the local authority is funding local services has changed. The service had been run on a block-funding basis in previous years, but this has now ceased. This means that it has never been more important for us to seek charitable donations in order to meet our service users needs. It is vital that we are able to source other funds in order that we can continue our valuable service running.
Trinity Care Service aims to:
- To give support and respite to carers. Provide opportunity for young people to become volunteers to gain confidence and people skills.
- Improve memory and mental health with quiz's and reminiscence sessions to reduce risk of dementia. Our 3 course lunch enables people to eat nutritiously.
- Our armchair exercise sessions help maintain and improve body condition and helps to reduce the risk of falls.
- To help social contact, interaction with others and opportunities to make new friends (PREVENTING ISOLATION). Increasing social life and well being.
- To support people living in their own homes to maintain their independence and to safeguard against possible hospital admissions.
Established: May 1993
Registered Charity Number: 1132765
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 0117 9838878
Address: Holy Trinity Church Hotwell Road Hotwells, Bristol BS8 4STView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website