Upper Gi Blues
Upper Gi Blues
This charity is a patient and carer support group for people who have been diagnosed with upper gastro-intestinal cancers, based at Sandwell General Hospital, West Bromwich.
The mission of Upper Gi Blues is to make a positive difference in the lives of patients diagnosed with cancers of the upper gastrointestinal tract - oesophagus (gullet), stomach and liver. This is done primarily through proffesionally supported relationships between those who have a new diagnosis of cancer and those who are living with cancer. We also support reseach into the causes and treatment of upper gastrointestinal cancer.
Upper Gi Blues aims to:
- Most importantly, to make sure that we all, patients and carers live our lives to the best of our abilities.
- To raise funds for ongoing research to better understand the causes of upper gastointestinal cancer and improve the care for upper G.I. patients.
- To offer support and advice (non-medical) based on our experiences amongst ourselves.
- To promote the awareness of Upper G.I. cancers.
- To offer support and advice (non-medical) to individuals with a new diagnosis of upper gastrointestinal cancer, based on the experiences of people who have had this cancer.
Established: June 2005
Registered Charity Number: 1124418
Board members: 5
Phone number: 07906358320
Address: Sandwell Hospital Lyndon West Bromwich B71 4HJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Sandwell Hospital Fibroscanner appealThe Upper GI Blues 5-a-side football tournament will bring together staff members from San... More