Halow’s purpose is to support young people with a learning disability into and through their adult life. Halow aims to ensure that every person with a learning disability has the same life choices and chances as any other person.
halow offers a unique blend of activities, giving our young people the chance to enjoy an active social life and find further educational and employment training through our various initiatives like Building Futures, A Reason To Get Up and halow care's Buddy Service
Halow’s purpose is to support young people with a learning disability on their journey into and through adult life. Halow will work with young people, their families and our partners to:
• enable the people we support to develop as individuals and maintain and develop their social networks
• enable the people we support to have a vision and purpose for their lives and make a contribution to the people and places where they live
• enable the people we support to have a voice, choice and control over their lives
Overall, halow aims to ensure that every person with a learning disability has the same life choices and chances as any other person. Halow will;
• be a centre of excellence and will share its learning with the wider social support community.
• respect, understand and celebrate the diversity of those we support and not use labels to describe them.
• endeavour to understand what each individual needs to be as healthy, happy and safe as they can be.
halow provides activities and services that encourage creativity, energy, purpose and entertainment and helps young people to attain their own personal goals. We encourage and foster a sense of community and personal responsibility to achieve excellent outcomes for young people with a learning disability.
halow project aims to:
- to ensure that every person with a learning disability has the same life choices and chances as any other person.
- to provide opportunities and support for young people to access social activities, community based learning and work like experiences.
- to support young people to achieve their personal goals and: • build relationships • become part of the community • fnd meaningful employment • have a home of their own
Established: November 2006
Registered Charity Number: 1116773
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 11
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 01483447960
Address: Carroll House,11 Quarry Street, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3UYView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
halow project: Fit for Life programmeFit for Life is designed to improve the mental, physical and emotional wellbeing of young ... More