African Mission is presently supporting 4 projects. Dr Ray Towey's work in Uganda and 3 projects in Zimbabwe. The projects in Zimbabwe are St Patrick's Hospital, Fatima High School & Fatima Mission.
Our Mission statement is: "To fight disease and poverty in Africa by supporting educational & medical projects".
We do this by offering ongoing support to the following 4 projects:
(1) Fatima Mission is a Franciscan run Mission in rural Zimbabwe. It is 900 sq kms in size and has a number of primary schools, secondary schools (including Fatima High School, see below) and a clinic (Lubimbi Clinic) within its boundaries.
The vast majority of those living within Fatima Mission’s boundaries are very poor. African Mission intends to work with Fatima Mission to improve the life chances of these people through the provision of new and improved educational and medical facilities. To date we have helped 2 of the primary schools by building a new double classroom, two teachers cottages and provided tables & chairs for 8 classrooms. We have also help set up and support a Deaf & Blind project.
(2) Fatima High School is within Fatima Mission's boundaries. We have provided textbooks, equipment and sponsored 5 children.
(3) St Patrick’s Hospital is on the outskirts of Hwange, a Colliery town in the North West of Zimbabwe. St Patrick’s is the main hospital for Hwange’s 45,000 population and surrounding rural area. We have helped provide them with needed equipment e. G. A new incinerator & industrial washing machine.
(4) Dr Ray Towey's work in St Mary's Hospital, Gulu, Uganda. We help him in obtaining the necessary equipment, medicines and medical books for his work as a Anaesthetist.
African Mission aims to:
- Our aim is to fight disease and poverty in Africa by supporting educational and medical projects. Our hope is that by doing so we will improve the life chances of some of Africa's poor.
Established: June 2003
Registered Charity Number: 1099264
Board members: 4
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 020 7231 1756
Address: 4 Edmonton Court, Canada Estate London SE16 7BQView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website