Exmod Ltd “Forget-Me-Not” is a charity run by ex-servicemen for the benefit of homeless ex-servicemen. Founded in 2006.
Ran as a pilot scheme until 2010 it has proved to be a great success
The ExMoD vision is based upon a series of ‘Care Farms’ that provide a range of different types of basic accommodation for an extended period of time.
There are thousands of ex-Armed Forces Personnel (ex-AFP) who are currently living rough on the streets , exact figures will never be known. You have to take into account these are proud people who find it difficult to ask for help.
ExMoD exists to provide ex-AFP with a place to stay and support in accessing benefits, housing, life skills development, education and training and mental health support.
ExMoD works with individuals from all branches of the Armed Forces and from all conflicts.
ExMoD now wants to put in place the organisational structure and facilities to be able to meet current demand and offer its services more widely.
Exmod "Forget-Me-Not" aims to:
- The provision of medium term accommodation to homeless veterans. Whilst in our care clients are provided with the opportunity to gain skills and assistance to help them cope in civilian life.
- The provision of work based training and education to those who are unemployed, including gaining vocational skills at local training establishments, gardening or working around the care farm.
- Offering respite facilities to serving members of HM Forces and their dependants. Provide a static caravan for respite family breaks on the care farm with the opportunity to enjoy the facilities.
- Provide clients with advice & guidance on benefit entitlements, welfare issues and signpost them to the relevant organisations. Work with local authorities to secure long term permenant accommodation
- Encourage clients to participate in the numerous therapies offered to regain their self esteem. Voluntary work around the care farm is theraputic as is working with the animals on site.
Established: January 2007
Registered Charity Number: 1136382
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 01832 710887
Address: 1 toll bar cottage toll bar lane keyston huntingdon cambs pe28 0rbView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Notes from NiamhTo provide two static caravans on our care farm dedicated to veterans & their families who... More
Buy a BrickTo raise the remaining funds required to purchase the farm outright and construct purpose ... More
Winter Warmer AppealWith winter fast approaching and the thought of thousands of our former servicemen living ... More