Chickenshed Theatre works with children, youth and adults from diverse backgrounds, delivering programmes that inspire accessible participation in, and lifelong appreciation for, the performing arts.
Since 1974, Chickenshed has modelled its unique inclusive theatre approach to reach individuals and groups who are often excluded from communities and are less likely to have access to our pioneering work. These people are often disqualified from mainstream settings because of their educational background, financial or social disposition, race or disability.
Chickenshed Theatre aims to:
- create extraordinary, challenging, dynamic, groundbreaking, moving, genuinely inclusive, beautiful theatre.
- use the performing arts as a vehicle to tackle social issues and create a more tolerant society.
- help individuals who find themselves excluded by society appreciate and participate in the performing arts.
- provide opportunities for higher education for young people who would otherwise be excluded from mainstream educational settings.
- show that life is not about what you cannot do - it's about what you can do.
Established: February 1974
Registered Charity Number: 1012369
Board members: 13
Full time staff: 45
Part time staff: 25
Phone number: 020 8216 2768
Address: 290 Chase Side Southgate, London N14 4PEView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Education for All - Chickenshed BursariesEducation for All is a bursary scheme that will change young lives by providing access to ... More