Kids Love Lambeth
Kids Love Lambeth
Kids Love Lambeth is based in one of the most deprived London Boroughs. It works with London Russian Ballet School to bring ballet to children who would otherwise never experience this beautiful art.
KLL was started by Evgeny Goremykin, a former Principal of the Bolshoi Ballet, to make ballet accessible to local children, regardless of their background or financial means.
KLL performs regularly in local schools. The students of LRBS perform in theatre costume to classical or folk music. The response is uninhibited enthusiasm, the young viewers relate to the performers, to see ballet as a possibility for themselves. Parents are encouraged to attend. All children from this outreach work are invited to take subsidised lessons in LRBS. Consistency of access with continued involvement underscores the ethos of the charity to reach a broad number of children who are hard to target. Many young students at LRBS train as a result of KLL outreach performances.
KLL maintains lengthy working relationships with local schools, engaging young children in ballet with benefits of increased self respect, discipline and well being.
KLL performs annually for over 1800 children in schools. There are a further four performances at the Royal College of Music. At each of these performances over 50 children from Lambeth attend for free in a real theatre environment.
KLL provides a pathway for children either to weekly enjoyment of ballet or serious vocational Russian Ballet training. KLL has discovered no shortage of talent or demand, it began with less than three students and now struggles to satisfy the demand for Russian Ballet in Lambeth.
Kids Love Lambeth aims to:
- To perform regularly in Lambeth schools in full theatre costume to bring the magic of the stage to the simple environments, removing elitist connotations. KLL reaches around 1800 children annually.
- To enable around 200 children from Lambeth each year to attend a ballet performance in a real theatre environment involving young children who are hard to reach in a dynamic art.
- To teach ballet at no cost in a limited number of Lambeth schools. To invite all children from outreach work to subsidized ballet lessons in LRBS. In particular, to encourage young boys.
- To make high standards of training and a consistent pathway to Russian ballet available to those from deprived backgrounds and broaden horizons, increase aspirations and deepen self-respect.
- To make ballet available for children regardless of their background or means, specifically in the deprived borough of Lambeth where children would otherwise never experience this beautiful art.
Established: January 2005
Registered Charity Number: 1108465
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 4
Phone number: 0207 498 0498
Address: 42 Clapham Manor Street LONDON SW4 6DZView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
KLL Junior Vocational Ballet Scholarship AppealKLL and LRBS provide a pathway to vocational ballet training for children who might not ot... More
KLL Vocational Ballet Scholarship Appeal
KLL A-Level Scholarship Appeal
Lambeth Schools Ballet Outreach PerformancesKLL performs regularly in schools in Lambeth, one of London’s most deprived boroughs to ... More
KLL Ballet Uniform AppealKLL performs ballet regularly in schools in Lambeth, one of London’s most deprived borou... More
Kids Love Lambeth Schools Ballet Clubs for KidsKLL teaches ballet in school clubs to children who would never have the chance to experien... More