CARE is Pakistan's largest education non-profit organisation, providing education to underprivileged children for £5 per month per child. We currently educate over 270,000 children in 888 schools across the country.
We are Pakistan's most cost efficient and scalable education model. CARE pioneered a unique public-private partnership with the regional governments where we adopt failing government schools and revamp them through the CARE system, allowing us to save on land and construction costs. The cost of educating a child has therefore been reduced to £5/1child/1 month, with funds going immediately towards a quality education. Teacher training, English courses, scholarships and enterprise development are all part of the CARE programme as many of our students go on to become doctors, engineers and of course, teachers.
CARE Pakistan aims to:
- Create an awareness about the education emergency in Pakistan and the impact it has on the social and economic situation in Pakistan and the region.
- Raise enough funds to get 1 million children off the streets of Pakistan and into the classroom.
- Empower children through education, providing them with the means to change their lives for the better.
- Build a nation of successful professionals through quality education and training.
- Giving children their basic human right to an education and the hope of building a bright future for themselves and the nation.
Established: July 1988
Registered Charity Number: 1109138
Board members: 4
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 0203 653 0122
Address: 1st Floor, 44 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7JLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website