Operation Orphan is a charity designed to create a brighter future for orphans and vulnerable children in our world.
By engaging with partner projects and highly invested individuals in the countries, our vision is to improve the quality of life for orphans and vulnerable children in a holistic, culturally relevant and sustainable way.
Our mission is to invest in the safety, nurturing, development and overall wellbeing of orphans and vulnerable children.
Our aim is to develop a substantial resource of finance, products and professional skill, releasing them through five core strands; education, health, sustainable development, poverty relief and spiritual & psychosocial care.
Extreme poverty is found all over the world therefore our projects tackle a range of harsh environments from freezing winter conditions to drought. They also address a variety of issues by providing access to health care, education, clean water and safe sanitation for these little lives.
Operation Orphan aims to:
- Where there are gaps in the care structure, we will proactively implement new and relevant initiatives primarily through partner projects in the developed and developing world.
- Where orphans are naturally absorbed into extended families, our strategy is to view the community as the orphanage. We release the appropriate skills and resources to help these families.
- In cultures and communities where families cannot or do not support orphans, we will support, and if necessary develop, quality orphanages that provide a high standard of care and support.
- We will raise awareness, advocate for and release the appropriate skills and resources into situations that if left unaddressed result in vulnerable children being orphaned.
- Where children are orphaned through a sudden disaster, natural or man-made, we will do all we can to ensure these children are identified, supported and connected to a safe and loving care structure.
Established: June 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1136170
Board members: 9
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 08432163838
Address: 143 Attenborough Lane Attenborough Nottingham NG9 6AAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Homes for OrphansBuild 3 homes for 36 of the Ebola orphans cared for by Heaven Homes in rural Sierra Leone.... More
Keep a child warmKeep a child warm is an initiative that delivers 'winter kits' (Coat, hat, scarf, gloves, ... More
Keep A Child LearningMany children from deprived and vulnerable backgrounds struggle to complete their educatio... More
Lifeline: clean water, sanitation & nutritionLifeline looks at the most immediate and demanding needs of the people we work with. The c... More