Colombia Caravana Limited
Colombia Caravana Limited
The Colombia Caravana aims to promote access to justice, protect human rights, challenge impunity, and support human rights lawyers who risk attack, stigmatisation and assassination in their work.
The Colombia Caravana works in partnership with a network of human rights lawyers to protect and support lawyers, judges, individuals and organisations working in the Colombian human rights field.
By actively participating in international legal networks, we advocate for the protection of human rights lawyers and defenders in Colombia to carry out their work free from fear.
We work closely and often in partnership with Colombian colleagues in the legal profession and judiciary to provide practical support, technical resources, and capacity building.
In cases where urgent action is required to protect lawyers we activitate a network of volunteers who draft letters to Colombian authorities, international institutions (e. G. UN) and UK & EU authorities. We also raise these issues as face to face meetings to discuss human rights in Colombia.
In the UK we raise awareness of human rights and the situation facing lawyers in Colombia - the most dangerous place in the world to be a lawyer.
The Colombia Caravana supports the promotion of human rights, as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, by:
1) monitoring abuses of human rights
2) obtaining redress for the victims of human rights abuse
3) educating the public about human rights
4) contributing to the sound administration of human rights law
5) raising awareness of human rights issues
6) promoting public support for human rights
Colombia Caravana Limited aims to:
- To maintain contact with Colombian colleagues in the legal profession and judiciary and to provide practical support, technical resources and assistance
- To advise, support and protect lawyers, judges, individuals and organisations working in the human rights field in Colombia
- To raise awareness generally of human rights issues in Colombia
- To support lawyers' organisations which promote the free exercise of the law and access to justice in Colombia
- To participate in international legal networks to support those working in the human rights field, respond to emergencies and make representations and maintain contact with the Colombian authorities
Established: December 2008
Registered Charity Number: 1141255
Board members: 12
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 07930078564
Address: 59-60 Russell Square London WC1B 4HPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Colombian Human Rights Protection ProjectAdvocacy, awareness-raising and field research to protect legal professionals and other hu... More