To produce a series of biennial performances for an audience of a Boxford Masque (a play with music, dance and drama) based on the original scripts of Charlotte Peake as a community event.
The advancement of public education in the arts and, in particular but not exclusively, in the arts of music, dance, poetry, movement and drama.
By building on the successes of 2000, 2004, 2006 and 2008 and by bringing together people of different backgrounds and a wide range of ages - from the very young to the elderly, many of whom have never been exposed to the world of the theatre.
By bringing together people of different aspirations and giving them the opportunity to interact and experience each other over three months and by offering individuals a focus for creative community activity.
By amateurs being able to try and test, at no cost to themselves and in a comfortable, safe and supportive environment with professionals, their skills in the disciplines of acting, writing, dance, musical performance and stage management. To produce more confident individuals.
The Masques stories, created by award winning author, Geraldine McCaughrean, and based on originals by local character Charlotte Peake, are deeply rooted in the emerging community and local history.
The stories reinforce the sense of the past, recognise the forces of change around us and the sense of culturally belonging, from which the original Masques sprang.
To be witness to an increased spirit of cooperation. To let the people know that they
Boxford Masques aims to:
- Giving people the opportunity for social interaction and increased understanding of each other.
- Engaging and entertaining an audience of 1800.
- The opportunity for amateurs, at no cost, to test their skills in a comfortable, safe and supportive environment and thereby hopefully produce more confident individuals.
- Bringing together a diverse group of very different ages – from the very young to the quite old - with different aspirations.
- Forming an active creative community
Established: May 2003
Registered Charity Number: 1098753
Board members: 8
Phone number: 07500875315
Address: 24 Welford, Newbury, Berkshire RG20 8HRView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website