Nurture Lakeland is a unique, award-winning organisation inspiring people to care for Cumbria’s natural environment through responsible tourism. The organisation works to make the Cumbrian tourism industry sustainable by creating ways for businesses and individuals to donate to conservation and environmental projects and through delivering high quality sustainable tourism initiatives to the industry.
Our work has two major strands - fundraising for landscape and environmental projects, and supporting and promoting sustainable tourism practices. We aim to do this by:
• Involving local people, businesses and visitors in taking action to sustain the environment and enhance local communities.
• Emphasising the value of each individual’s efforts and contribution.
• Raising awareness of the impacts of climate change to those involved in tourism and recreation in the Lake District and Cumbria.
• Providing solutions to the negative impacts of tourism.
• Influencing policy on the environmental impacts of tourism.
• Fundraising for projects that enhance the local environment.
• Working to ensure that the economic and recreational demands of tourism do not harm the environment.
Nurture Lakeland is a unique, award-winning organisation inspiring people to care for Cumbria’s natural environment through responsible tourism.
Nurture Lakeland aims to:
- Fundraising for landscape and environmental projects.
- Supporting and promoting sustainable tourism practices.
Established: January 1993
Registered Charity Number: 1130453
Board members: 10
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01539 822622
Address: Murley Moss Oxenholme Road Kendal Cumbria LA9 7RLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Fix the FellsFix the Fells is a partnership project to repair and maintain upland paths in the stunning... More