SASH prevents vulnerable young people from homelessness through providing a safe place to stay in a volunteers home.
Last year we helped over 330 young people throughout North and East Yorkshire. We do this through:
Nightstop; emergency accommodation in a volunteer's homes for up to 14 nights.
Supported Lodgings; longer-term stay for up to 2 years in a volunteer's home.
SASH Active; a range of volunteering & cultural activities to increase life skills & independence.
SASH prevents young people from becoming homeless by offering them a room in the home of a volunteer.
We empower young people at risk of homelessness to live successful independent lives by enabling them to overcome their challenging circumstances.
Our ambition is that those we help never have to experience homelessness again.
SASH uses a preventative approach:
• We provide essential support as early as possible to prevent long-term homelessness.
• We provide more than just a roof; we provide personalised support to give young people the help they need, not just with accommodation but also employment, training, education, and gaining the skills they need so that they can live independently
• We depend on local people with a spare room who are prepared to volunteer as SASH hosts, helping young people both in an emergency and for the long-term.
SASH aims to:
- To prevent homelessness for a minimum of 300 16-25 year olds throughout North and East Yorkshire.
- A minimum of 192 young people will move on to suitable long term accomodation, ending the cycle of homelessness and providing them with a secure base to plan their future.
- Young people will learn key skills to increase confidence, skills and independence, giving them greater opportunities to succeed in life.
Established: March 1996
Registered Charity Number: 1054890
Board members: 12
Full time staff: 12
Part time staff: 9
Phone number: 01904 652 043
Address: SASH 107-109 Walmgate YO1 9UAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website