SASH prevents young people from ehomelessness in 16-25-year-olds through providing a safe place to stay in volunteers home.
Last year we helped over 300 young people throughout York, North Yorkshire, Hull & East Riding. We do this through:
Nightstop; emergency accommodation in volunteers homes for up to 14 nights.
Supported Lodgings; longer-term stay for up to 2 years in volunteers home.
SASH Active; a range of volunteering & cultural activities to increase life skills & independence.
SASH prevents young people from becoming homeless by offering them a room in the home of a volunteer.
We empower young people at risk of homelessness to live successful independent lives by enabling them to overcome their challenging circumstances.
Our ambition is that those we help never have to experience homelessness again.
SASH uses a preventative approach:
• We provide essential support as early as possible to prevent long-term homelessness.
• We provide more than just a roof; we provide personalised support to give young people the help they need, not just with accommodation but also employment, training, education, and gaining the skills they need so that they can live independently
• We are community focused. We depend on local people with a spare room who are prepared to volunteer as SASH hosts, helping young people in an emergency and for the long-term.
• We need the help of local individuals, organisations, businesses in the communities in which we work, to host, fundraise, donate and volunteer.
SASH aims to:
- To prevent homelessness for a minimum of 275 16-25 year olds
- A minimum of 70% of young people will move on to suitable long term accomodation
- Young people will learn key skills to increase confidence, skills and therefore opportunities in life,
Established: March 1996
Registered Charity Number: 1054890
Board members: 13
Full time staff: 12
Part time staff: 9
Phone number: 01904 652 043
Address: SASH 107-109 Walmgate YO1 9UAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Nightstop; Emergency AccommodationA crucial project which provides emergency accommodation to a young person who has been ma... More