Excellent supports subsistence farmers and their families to gain access to clean water and grow more food to eat, store and sell.
We support communities to build sand dams which provide clean water and the potential to invest time in sustainable agriculture.
To support millions of the world's poorest people by helping them to transform their own lives through water and soil conservation in drylands.
• To support farmers in developing countries to gain access to clean water and grow enough food to eat and sell;
• To promote sand dam technology and environmental conservation;
• To support organisations to implement sand dams alongside food and water programmes.
Excellent Development aims to:
- Promote community self-help as the critical factor in creating sustainable development
- Engage with development organisations locally, nationally & internationally to influence & support wider adoption of sand dam technology, soil & water conservation & improved farming techniques
- Enhance development education and awareness worldwide
- Support farming communities in drylands worldwide to achieve water and food security through soil and water conservation and improved farming techniques
- Promote sand dams and environmental conservation as a means to build resilience to climate change in drylands
Established: June 2002
Registered Charity Number: 1094478
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 10
Phone number: 020 3752 5780
Address: Unit G13, The Foundry, 17 Oval Way, London SE11 5RRView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Building food and water security in KenyaWomen and children in rural southeast Kenya spend an average of 5 hours every day fetching... More
Transforming lives with water in rural KenyaPeople in the drylands of southeast Kenya spend on average six hours every day fetching wa... More
Helping dryland farmers to combat climate changeUnreliable rainfall and drought are making it increasingly hard for people living and farm... More
One sand dam, endless possibilities: North KenyaChronic water scarcity is causing drought, conflict and displacement for vulnerable elepha... More
Give a Dam - Transform a whole communityA Sand Dam will bring water to within 30 minutes of people’s homes, where otherwise ther... More
Drought-Proof a community - Kakai Sand DamA sand dam project will provide clean water and increased agricultural opportunities to a ... More
Creating Peace in Baringo County, KenyaEstablishing peace between pastoral communities in Baringo, Kenya. By working together to ... More