User run mental health charity providing advocacy and support to people experiencing mental ill health or vulnerable due to illness, age or trauma. Formerly known as Bradford and Airedale Mental Health Advocacy Group (BAMHAG).
Ensuring that the vulnerable and disadvantaged have a voice within the health and social care framework, whilst supported by experts by experience.
Vital Projects aims to:
- To raise awareness of mental ill health, stigma and discrimination. To provide training relevant to our work and specific to our role under the Mental Health Act & Mental Capacity Act.
- To provide mental health services within Bradford & Airedale from a user led perspective. Maintaining our user led ethos and participation within local and voluntary and statutory partners.
- To provide statutory and non statutory mental health advocacy services that are specialised towards service user groups in community, in-patient acute and forensic settings.
- To act as a liaison and link between planners and providers of statutory mental health service providers and mental health service users and carers with regard to mental health services.
- To provide mental health service user led befriending to adult mental health service users experiencing social isolation. To provide this using trained volunteers with experience of mental ill health
Established: January 1989
Registered Charity Number: 1078693
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 4
Part time staff: 14
Phone number: 01274 770 118
Address: First Floor,Tradeforce BuildingCornwall PlaceBradford BD8 7JTView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website