To support young lesbian, gay and bisexual people living in Cambridgeshire aged 13-24 through providing a safe space, positive activities and training and support for local professioanls.
SexYOUality exists to promote the health, well-being and inclusion of lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) young people across the whole of Cambridgeshire. We work to raise awareness of the impact of prejudice and discrimination on young people’s lives and to challenge and educate in all areas of our work.
Sexyouality aims to:
- To provide social and emotional support, information, referral and signposting for lesbian, gay and bisexual young people in Cambridgeshire
- To provide lesbian, gay and bisexual young people in Cambridgeshire with opportunities for skills development, self-advocacy, inclusion and representation within SexYOUality and the wider community
- Educate, train, provide consultancy and influence external services, organisations and individuals to develop awareness of the needs of LGB young people and challenge homophobia
- To build local, regional and national partnerships to deliver mutual objectives and to strengthen policy and practice in relation to LGB young people’s health and well-being, equality and inclusion
- To develop and maintain the internal health of the organisation by providing robust systems for governance, recruitment, monitoring, evaluation, ICT and overall quality assurance.
Established: February 2003
Registered Charity Number: 1097096
Board members: 6
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 01223 369508
Address: Office A, Dales Brewery, Gwydir Street Cambridge CB1 2LJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Tackling homophobia in Cambridgeshire schoolsWe aim to tackle homophobia and homophobic bullying in primary and secondary schools to cr... More