The ensemble exists to create opportunities for musicians, creators and audiences to enjoy the highest possible standards of contemporary chamber music practice throughout the UK.
Hebrides Ensemble has been a market leader in chamber music in Scotland and the UK since 1991, specialising in the highest possible standards of contemporary chamber music and music theatre practice across all key areas of the music industry: namely performance, touring,
recording, broadcasting, commissioning and educational work.
It is an advocate for Scottish chamber music and a beacon of Scottish talent throughout the UK and abroad. It is unique in its nature in Scotland, being unrivalled in its flexibility and diversity, and also in the wealth of experience it holds in producing chamber music. The ensemble is exceptionally acclaimed for its performance standards and approach to programming, which sets it aside from other groups operating in similar markets in Scotland and is considered by many in music industry circles as one of the best small classical groups operating in the UK today.
The group has this unrivalled reputation because of its unfaltering approach to musical standards, in both performance and programming, and because it is adaptable and flexible, and this remains its approach to achieve success in coming years.
Our mission is to provide opportunities for musicians, creators and audiences to experience the highest possible standards of contemporary chamber music practise in Scotland, by:
presenting high quality and diverse chamber music programmes, commissioning new work
supporting talent development and engaging with audiences.
Hebrides Ensemble aims to:
- forge innovative performance collaborations with the best of other arts organisations to bring new work to the attention of other audience.
- provide both entertainment and education, inspiring and stimulating listeners and performers alike within and out with Scotland;
- perform at the highest level throughout the UK and Internationally;
- encourage innovation and creativity through the commissioning and performance of a rich diversity of new work of the highest quality;
- promote the widest professional and public understanding and appreciation of new and unfamiliar work;
Established: May 1991
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 5
Phone number: 07958 748 293
Address: 77 Montgomery Street Edinburgh EH7 5HZView charity accounts on the Scottish Charity Commission website