The North of England Zoological Society is the conservation and education charity which operates both Chester Zoo and Act for Wildlife.
Our mission is to be a major force in conserving biodiversity worldwide.
Through connecting people with wildlife our vision is a diverse, thriving and sustainable natural world.
Chester Zoo aims to:
- Focus conservation activity to achieve greatest impact
- Promote, support and sustain our conservation work
- Develop resource streams in support of our mission
- Manage our people, work and activities to ensure long-term sustainability
- Make clear, fundamental links between in-zoo activities and our field programmes worldwide
Established: May 1934
Registered Charity Number: 306077
Board members: 15
Full time staff: 300
Part time staff: 200
Phone number: 01244 650229
Address: Chester Zoo Caughall Road Upton by Chester Chester CH2 1LHView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Never ForgetAs one of the world’s most iconic species, Asian elephants inspire people to care about ... More
Living with TigersConservation efforts for tigers are jeopardised when local communities oppose tiger presen... More
Saving the Scottish WildcatThe Scottish wildcat is critically endangered. Recent reports by the Scottish Wildcat Asso... More