Arts 4 Dementia
Arts 4 Dementia
Arts outreach re-energises people in the early stages of dementia. We communicate Best Practice and facilitate artistic stimulation to transform the lives of families facing the anxieties of dementia.
A4D works in partnership with arts organisations to develop workshops to re-energise and inspire people living with dementia in the community, to bring fulfilment to their lives and provide opportunities for enrichment and quality time with their carers and loved ones through engagement with their chosen art form.
A4D believes that individuals and families affected by dementia can and should be able to continue to enjoy life to the full. A4D knows that creative skills can remain vibrant for years after the onset of dementia; and A4D has demonstrated that engaging in artistic activity is a highly effective way to reawaken and stimulate cognitive ability.
Arts 4 Dementia aims to:
- To establish outreach at arts venues for people in the early stages of dementia and carers, to provide quality time, and to inspire and enable people with dementia to live better and longer at home.
- To achieve National Dementia Strategy direction to artistic stimulation as a constructive pathway, to be recommended to patients on diagnosis, to carers and carer managers.
- To co-ordinate and signpost by website wide-ranging arts activities as a consumer guide for people living with dementia in the community and their carers.
- To raise awareness that the creative part of the brain of people with dementia can be unaffected for years. Engaging in arts activity maximises brain function and provides vital relief from symptoms.
- To combat perceived stigma and isolation through website images of people with dementia engaging in intergenerational arts activity and communication.
Established: January 2011
Registered Charity Number: 1140842
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 1
Part time staff: 1
Phone number: 020 7520 1492
Address: King's Place, 90 York Way N1 9AGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Arts 4 Dementia London Programme for 2015A4D workshops provide high quality life transforming opportunities at arts venues for arti... More