Pratham aims to provide basic literacy and numeracy to India’s 100 million illiterate children and raise the standards of education across the country.
Pratham’s mission is to ensure “Every Child in School and Learning Well ”.
The organization is founded on the firm belief that education is the fundamental right of every child and no child should be deprived of this basic right simply because he/she does not have access to it or does not have the resources to realize his/her dreams.
The principal focus of our programs is to ensure quantum and visible improvement in the enrolment and learning levels of the underprivileged children.
The key principles which have guided the evolution of our programs over the years are:
- Generating a societal mission is a necessary means of achieving the broad goal of universal pre-school and primary school education.
- Creating an impact on a large scale is essential to bring about a perceptible change.
- Creating low cost models is critical to ensure sustainability and replicability of interventions.
Pratham UK aims to:
- To ensure that all our programmes are measurable, scale-able and driven from within the community.
- Pratham’s programs are all driven by our simple, singular mission of "Every child in school and learning well."
Established: March 2003
Registered Charity Number: 1099386
Full time staff: 2
Phone number: 020 7368 3396
Address: Pratham UK Ltd. 58-60 Kensington Church Street Suite 17 W8 4DBView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Second Chance for GirlsA staggering 70% of students in India drop out before grade 10 and the number of girl drop... More
Special Learning Centres for Rural ChildrenPratham’s Special Learning Camps aims at improving the level of learning for Rural Child... More
Pratham Residential Shelter for BoysPart of the Pratham Council for Vulnerable Children, this shelter will help vulnerable wor... More
Urban Learning Centres for slum childrenPratham’s Urban Learning Centres (ULC) reach out to under privileged children living in ... More
Read India Block Excellence ProgrammeCreate a model programme to significantly improve the learning levels of children between ... More