We provide free services to disabled children and their families through information advice sign posting , free training sessions newsletter web site,
Our Mission, Values & Objectives
The mission of Kidz Aware is: “to help to ensure that all children with a disability have the opportunities to achieve their aspirations in life. ”
We know that this is a massive challenge but we know that we’re not alone in trying to create opportunities for the children with disabilities. Families, schools, local authorities, government, charitable organisations and most importantly – the children themselves – are all trying to play their part too.
At Kidz Aware, we have set ourselves some key objectives that we will strive to achieve in the next 5‐years that demonstrate how we will play our part in achieving our mission. Our objectives are:
‐ Develop a range of activities to engage and involve children with disabilities so they can develop their aspirations in life and recognise their rights and opportunities
• Provide disability equality awareness programs into educational settings.
• Provide parents/carers information and advice to enable them access services for the disabled person they care for.
• Provide a children passport, which enables children to address their own disability, needs and rights whilst using the passport to help others understand their needs.
• Provide a children charter of rights which will enable children to state what changes needs to be made to enable them to address their own right.
‐ Improve the awareness within our communities of the issues facing children withdisabilities to improve equality of opportunity and treatment
• Deliver training opportunities for all service providers and communities to gain skills and knowledge on the barriers faced by disabled children.
• Develop information manuals with information on services that are available to disabledpersons locally and nationally.
• Develop partnerships with community and service providers and lobby and campaign to ensure the constant improvement of services.
‐ Create a sustainable organisation that provides opportunity for local people and people
kidz Aware aims to:
- Provide a children charter of rights which will enable children to state what changes needs to be made to enable them to address their own right
- Provide Disability Equality and Racism and Bullying awareness programs into educational settingsProvide a advocacy project for parents/carers of a disabled child can address issues and concerns
- Improve the awareness within our communities of the issues facing children with disabilities and their carers Improve equality of opportunity and treatment for carers and disabled children
- Provide parents/carers information and advice to enable them access services for the disabled person they care for and themselves. Provide a children passport, which enables children to address
- Deliver training opportunities for carers , disabled persons service providers and communities to gain skills and knowledge on the barriers faced by carers and their disabled child
Established: June 2006
Registered Charity Number: 1118859
Board members: 7
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 01924 376882
Address: Jubilee hall community centre 5 Road Ends Townley Road Wakefield WF2 8NSView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website