New Foundations H.E.
New Foundations H.E.
New Foundations H. E. Opened up in September 2010 as a response to the need for help, support, and educational and socialisation opportunities in Cardiff for home educating families. The original trustees had been travelling from Cardiff to Port Talbot on a weekly basis for two and a half years and had become involved in running the group. More and more families were traveling the same distance and further each week as news spread about the facilities available. It became clear that another group founded in the capital of Wales would be popular and numbers suggested it would be well used. Work to set the group up started in April 2010 searching for premises and identifying what policies would be need to make the group safe for parents and children alike. By September a face book group was thriving, policies were written and our first grant from Awards for All was in the bank allowing the group to open. The first meeting had 30 families attending and craft activities were put on that were suitable for all ages of children.
To enable and assist home educated children in South Wales achieve their potential by:
1. Providing resources, support and information for home educators and their families;
2. Providing the opportunity for parents, guardians and carers to meet in order to develop a mutual support network and enable sharing of skills, experience and knowledge within the group;
3. Providing the opportunity for children to meet in order to develop social networks, friendships and a peer group;
4. Assisting parents, guardians and carers who elect to home educate in meeting the specific educational needs of their children and provide a “suitable and appropriate” education;
5. Promoting group working amongst children who are home educated;
6. Organising programmes of physical, educational and other activities including the arts as a means of developing the skills of the families to enable them to participate as fully as possible in society as independent, mature and responsible individuals.
New Foundations H.E. aims to:
- To provide support and information to parents home educating their children to reduce the risk of them becomming not in education employment or training (NEET).
- To provide opportunities for children of home educating families to enhance their social skill and further their ability to interact with their peers.
- To provide educational opportunities to young people being home educated broadening their educational opportunities and so increasing their chances of employment when appropriate.
Established: April 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1138591
Board members: 5
Phone number: 02920216502
Address: 111 Firs Avenue Fairwater Cardiff CF5 3TGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website