Based in Haringey in north London, Exposure is an award winning, grass roots youth communications charity supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged young people to improve their confidence and sense of purpose, developing life-changing communication skills to enhance their employment prospects.
Exposure's mission to enable vulnerable and disadvantaged young people to thrive creatively, for the good of others as well as themselves.
The charity engages young people from all backgrounds, but especially those who are experiencing particular difficulties, in meaningful creative communications activities offering them:
• an opportunity to explore, address and share matters affecting them as a form of narrative therapy and to improve their motivation and sense of community;
• practical support and encouragement to overcome difficulties associated with teenage to adult transition to improve their resilience;
• purposeful and enriching creative communications activities that reward commitment and celebrate achievement to build their confidence;
• structured learning in various aspects of the creative industries, on the Exposure Award, a nationally accredited programme, to improve key skills in communication, information technology, numeracy and literacy;
• valuable work experience in creative thinking, problem solving, teamwork, meeting deadlines, presentation, leadership, fundraising, income generation and servicing clients to improve employment prospects;
• coaching in the early stages of their career, and support in securing other employment;
• an independent voice and peer information/education service to tackle stigma and improve the wider community’s understanding and perception of young people.
Exposure Organisation aims to:
- advance the education and development of young people and in so doing provide and assist in the provision of training for children and young people in publishing, journalism and broadcasting
- provide and assist in the provision of facilities for the recreation and other leisure-time occupation of young people so as to assist them in growing to full maturity as individuals of of society
Established: January 1996
Registered Charity Number: 1073922
Board members: 6
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 020 8883 0260
Address: Muswell Hill Centre, Hillfield Park, London N10 3QJView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Exposure to work and communityBuilding on successful, tried and tested methods, the project will provide over 200 vulner... More