Cure Leukaemia - enabling patients access to potentially life saving, ground breaking drugs and treatments.
Cure Leukaemia supports the work of scientists and clinicians to develop new and effective treatments for patients living with leukaemia.
The charity supports the work of the Leukaemia Centre at the University Hospital Birmingham and also those hospitals working with the centre through joint research – being Birmingham Women’s Hospital, Coventry, Wolverhampton, Stoke on Trent, Dudley, Warwick, Worcester, Stafford, Heartlands and Sandwell.
Working together we aspire to:
* Fund extra research nurse posts to drive forward research
* Provide facilities for world class research
* Develop new clinical treatments for leukaemia patients
* Fund the provision of new drugs and treatments which may not be routinely available
* Support patients with blood cancers throughout the West Midlands
Cure Leukaemia aims to:
- Funding a Research Nurse - It is the research nurse who is integral to the delivery of new drug trials and treatments for patients. Funding for such posts is not available through the NHS.
Established: October 2003
Registered Charity Number: 1100154
Board members: 13
Full time staff: 3
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 0121 236 9202
Address: Studio 21b, Victoria Works VIttoria Street Birmingham B1 3PAView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Supporting a regional network of research nurses50% of adults with leukaemia won't survive. In Birmingham we have scientists and clinician... More