We run a Bereavement Counselling Service for adults and children; and in the winter months we run a Cold Weather Shelter
Our vision is of:
A community service open to all in Islington affected by bereavement or homelessness, offering counselling and cold weather shelters, in partnership with local churches.
We are committed to delivering a service that is
- Rooted in Christian ideals
- Open to all without judgement
- Free to all
Our services are rooted in Christian ideals of charity, are free, ecumenical, and open to all without judgement. Our objectives are:
- To provide a free, cold weather shelter in Islington, to support people affected by the problems of homelessness.
- To provide a free Bereavement Counselling Service in Islington, to support people affected by death.
- To develop and sustain a positive working relationship with all churches and places of worship within Islington.
- To raise awareness of the realities and impact of bereavement and homelessness.
- To ensure that models of best practice are used in CARIS.
CARIS Islington aims to:
- To offer confidential bereavement counselling, free of charge, to anyone in Islington who could benefit regardless of race, religion, disability, sexuality
- To co-ordinate 7 churches in Islington during the winter months to open their doors one day a week each to homeless people, offering them hospitality, food and overnight accommodation
Established: November 1992
Registered Charity Number: 1057737
Board members: 12
Part time staff: 6
Phone number: 020 7281 5200
Address: The Annexe, St Mellitus Church Tollington Park N4 3AGView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website