Fortalice is a registered charity based in Bolton, Lancashire, providing emergency refuge accommodation and a range of support services to assist women and children who are affected by domestic abuse.
The main purpose of the organisation is to directly assist women, children and young people who have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse and to raise personal and public awareness of the issues relating to domestic abuse and its impact on society.
We do this through:
- the provision of emergency refuge providing accommodation for 22 women and their children
- a range of services for resident children and young people to address the emotional effects of living in an abusive environment
- a support centre for non-resident women
- a free counselling service
- group work promoting independence from abusive relationships
- safer relationships project for young people aged 13-19 years
- awareness training for professionals to maximise the response across the borough
- public awareness raising of the effects domestic abuse has on the family and society in general
Fortalice Ltd aims to:
- To support resident families and promote independence from abusive relationships through awareness raising and self help initiatives to raise confidence and self esteem.
- To provide safe, temporary refuge accommodation for women, children and young people escaping abusive relationships.
- To provide support mechanisms for non resident women and young people to promote independence from abusive relationships and reduce the risk of repeat victimisation.
- To support resident children through play and one to one therapeutic interventions addressing individual needs.
- To raise public awareness of the issues relating to domestic abuse and its impact on society and to encourage a cohesive approach to supporting families in this situation.
Established: February 1977
Registered Charity Number: 1124031
Board members: 11
Full time staff: 11
Part time staff: 24
Phone number: 01204 365677
Address: Fortalice Ltd43 Bradford Street Bolton BL2 1HTView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
Drug and Alcohol Support WorkerTo engage a specialist worker to support women with drug and alcohol issues who are living... More
Fortalice Counselling ServiceThe provision of a Counselling Service for women and young people who are affected by dome... More
Emergency Subsistence FundTo make emergency subsistence provision for women and children coming into refuge accommod... More