Immediate Theatre provides transformative arts opportunities for at risk young people in Hackney and the East London area; taking them from engagement to employment.
A charity established in 1996, Immediate Theatre works in partnership to develop work that is:
• Inclusive - working at the grass roots and celebrating diversity.
• Interactive - involving communities throughout the creative process.
• Imaginative - finding new ways to engage with vital issues.
We believe in the transformative power of theatre and the arts to all our lives and the importance of giving people a voice. Creating a real relationship with the communities in which we work is at the heart of what we do.
Our work is particularly developed with and for marginalised young people. Our company aims are:
Immediate Theatre aims to:
- • To provide programmes that enable people at high risk of exclusion to participate in the arts.
- • To create pathways to employment in the arts industries for those traditionally not accessing these opportunities.
- • To produce high quality theatre projects that inspire everyone involved.
- • To work in partnership to support the use of drama and other art forms as a tool for social engagement in all aspects of society.
- • To develop productions and performed workshops exploring a range of social issues pertinent to the experiences of specific
Established: October 1996
Registered Charity Number: 1061522
Board members: 7
Full time staff: 7
Part time staff: 3
Phone number: 020 7682 3031
Address: 24 Ashwin StreetLondon E8 3DLView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website
The 2moro? ProjectIt gives disadvantaged young people first time work experience, providing them with skill... More
Estate Based summer holiday drama projectsWorking on estates in deprived areas this project will enable young people whose parents a... More
The Woodberry Down Community PlayThe project will provide the opportunity for young people and adult volunteers living in o... More