Age UK Wigan Borough
Age UK Wigan Borough
Age UK Wigan Borough is an independent charity, partnered with the national charity, Age UK and a member of the Age England Association; the membership & representative organisation for Age UK charity
The organisation exists to improve the quality of life for older people across the Borough of Wigan. We provide a wide range of services and projects and work with many volunteers to do our work.
Age UK Wigan Borough will provide high quality services designed to offer support to older people across the Borough. In doing this we will help older people live their lives as they would choose.
• As an organisation we will market ourselves so that older people know about us and can get in touch easily;
• We will work with others to increase the opportunities available to older people;
• We will provide quality services which older people would choose and value;
• We will encourage and support older people to make their views known in the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of services;
• We will develop our internal systems and processes to support more effective delivery of services.
Principles by which we operate
• We believe that ageism is demeaning to the individual older person but also challenges our vision of a fairer and socially responsible society;
• We recognise that older people are all different with their own needs and choices;
• We will endeavour to treat people fairly;
• We will listen to older people when they tell us about their experiences of our organisation.
As an organisation, Age UK Wigan Borough will:
• Be proactive;
• Be outcome focussed;
• Be price sensitive, ensuring that we deliver value for money, controlling our operating costs and identifying our unit costs;
• Have a ‘can do’ approach;
• Have rigorous governance procedures;
• Put quality and service user experience at the centre of what we do;
• Sustain a partnership approach to working with the statutory sector.
Age UK Wigan Borough aims to:
- • We will work with others to increase the opportunities available to older people;
- • We will provide quality services which older people would choose and value;
- • We will encourage and support older people to make their views known in the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of services;
Established: October 1995
Registered Charity Number: 1103022
Phone number: 01942 241972
Address: 68 Market St Wigan WN1 1HXView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website