Deki is a microfinance charity giving entrepreneurs in Africa the opportunity to build profitable businesses and work their way out of poverty through our peer to peer crowdfunded loans and training.
Deki's vision is a world full of opportunity, not poverty.
Deki's mission is to empower people in the developing world to work their way out of poverty. As we near our fifth birthday, with £500,000 loaned to over 2,500 entrepreneurs, Deki is a microfinance charity that punches well above its weight.
Working in Uganda, South Sudan, Malawi, South Africa and Ghana, our crowdfunded loans and integral training are used to build profitable businesses which provide entrepreneurs with a sustainable source of income. Our entrepreneurs are able to secure their own futures, send their children to school for longer, access clean water and employ people in the local community. For every entrepreneur who is successfully funded through a Deki loan, five more individuals benefit within the community. Deki focuses on grass roots funding to those who don’t have access to banks or loan capital, providing much needed loans alongside a carefully delivered support and training programme. Deki’s emphasis on the bottom tier of the unbanked population is unique and sets us apart from other larger organisations which tend to focus on more established, more capable larger clients. We believe those who need it most are unable to access the support of many charities; this is where Deki helps.
Deki aims to:
- Empowerment: We empower everyone involved with Deki. We empower our entrepreneurs to work their way out of poverty and our supporters and our team to change lives.
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for using our resources efficiently to achieve measurable results. We are accountable to both our supporters and to the people we support.
- Positivity: We believe that we can achieve a better future. We set ourselves high goals and are committed to improving everything we do.
- Innovation: We will continue to take advantage of the link between technology and the global economy to ensure our impact is as effective and far-reaching as possible.
- Transparency: We want to set ourselves apart from other charities, we want our lenders to always know exactly where 100% of their money goes.
Established: July 2010
Registered Charity Number: 1137047
Board members: 8
Full time staff: 2
Part time staff: 2
Phone number: 01179428970
Address: 45-47 Stokes Croft Bristol BS1 3QPView charity accounts on the Charity Commission website